- (2) 12 Fl Oz Shakedown Imperial Chocolate Cherry Stout (18 Proof)
- (2) 12 Fl Oz Snow Blind Doppelbock (15 Proof)
Shakedown Imperial Chocolate Cherry Stout
This chocolate cherry stout smells and tastes like coffee and chocolate. It also has a delightful cherry finish. We really enjoy a nice stout! It pairs well with lamb stew, aged gouda and flourless chocolate cake. Aaahhhhh....
Snow Blind Doppelbock
The Snow Blind is a full-bodied Winter beer which has the aroma of a stout and the taste of an excellent IPA. It tastes like oats are involved, though we do not believe that they are. The finish? Crisp. Snow Blind pairs well with roasted lamb shanks, camembert and German chocolate cake.
Snow Blind Cookies (Makes about 4 dozen cookies)
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Starr Hill Snow Blind
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter with the granulated and brown sugar at medium speed for 4 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the Snow Blind and corn syrup and mix well.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer to medium-low and add the egg. Return the speed to medium and mix well.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients to the dough. When the flour mixture is fully incorporated, remove the bowl from the mixer, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Scoop balls of cookie dough from the chilled bowl. Each ball should be about the size of a tablespoon (1/2 ounce). Arrange the balls on an ungreased baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between them. The cookies will spread and you may want to leave even more space between the cookies. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until golden brown. Repeat until all the dough is baked.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for about 2 minutes before transferring the cookies to wire racks to cool.
Snow Blind French Onion Soup
- 4 yellow onions
- 2 red onions
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 bottle Snow Blind
- 1 cup cooking wine
- 3 bay leaves
- 64 oz beef broth
- French baget
- Guyere cheese
- Slice onions and saute in pan with 1 stick butter. Cook until golden/tender.
- Place cooked onions, worcestershire sauce, Snow Blind, cooking wine, bay leaves, and beef broth in crock pot. Cook on low 5-7 hours or until onions are cooked.
- Toast french bread until slightly golden on top. Add to bowl of soup and top with guyere cheese. Place bowl on cookie sheet and bake 3-5 minutes until all cheese is melted.
Please, feel free to employ Starr Hill Brewery's Beer Finder.