The best outings can create memories for a lifetime and what better way to tend to guests, than to have a well-done salad for the spread.
Recently, we tried the following;
(1) 16-Ounce Bottle: Lite Balsamic
(1) 16-Ounce Bottle: Caeser
(1) 16-Ounce Bottle: Sesame Ginger
Hence, we offer up the following;
Chef Hugh Acheson for Newman's Own (Serves 4)
- ½ cup farro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups peanut oil
- 2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, cored and sliced into half moons
- 2 cups chopped seedless cucumber
- 2 cups arugula leaves Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Newman’s Own Family Recipe Italian Vinaigrette
Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add ½ teaspoon of salt and the farro. Lower heat to medium-high and cook farro until it is tender and then strain the farro. Set aside on a paper towel to leach as much of the water off of the farro. In a small pot heat the peanut oil to 350°F. Add the farro and fry until crisp, about 1 minute to 1½ minutes. You want them crisp, but with a bite to them. Arrange the sliced tomatoes on a large platter and season them with the remaining salt. Drizzle half of the vinaigrette over the tomatoes. In a large bowl combine the cucumber and arugula. Dress with remaining vinaigrette and toss well. Layer cucumber and arugula in the center of the platter. Garnish with the crisp farro.