There’s always a masculine-feminine sort of feeling at Jil Sander – it’s very minimal and a little boyish, and this season there’s a little bit of inspiration from the 20’s and 30’s. I created a messy side part with my fingers, and then used two Redken products to update a very classic, simple look: Wind Blown 05 to add a little texture to the natural hair and Forceful 23 hairspray, which I sprayed in the front to give it some firmness and to hold the side-swept style. Then, I tucked the hair behind the ears and swept it over to one side, securing it with a bobby pin to add just a bit of charm.
Guido, Redken Global Creative Director
Redken Products Used:
Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer
Satinwear 02 Prepping Blow-Dry Lotion
Forceful 23 Super Strength Hairspray
Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray
Create the Look:
- Spray Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through
- Apply a nickel-size amount of Redken Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to damp hair, working into the hair from roots to ends
- Use fingers to create a messy middle part
- Blow dry hair at the roots to add some volume, but let the length of the hair dry naturally
- Thoroughly mist Redken Wind Blown 05 dry finishing spray all over dry hair to add some texture
- If desired, pull hair back into a low ponytail or twist into a loose chignon, securing with a U-shaped pin
The author receives no compensation from any firm for the above recommendation and is not responsible for any effects, positive or negative, that may occur.
To locate a Redken salon please log on to redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon.