There’s always something about this feminine, beautiful Dolce & Gabbana woman that is timeless, and every season, we just reinvent the look in small ways. The whole show is about mothers, so the idea for the hair is this woman getting out of bed and just pinning her hair up in an easy, feminine and beautiful way. The boys wanted a very clean, easy and pretty look, with little bits sticking out, so I created this kind of messy chignon, using pins to hold it in place and drop it over the ears a bit to add some femininity. My main product was Redken’s Wind Blown 05, which I used to get that soft, airy texture, but the real star of the look is the jewelry in the hair. These various broaches, pearls and diamonds that you might find in a mother’s jewelry box back in the ‘50’s. It’s a look that a busy mother can easily do in the morning – it’s not perfect and the accessories aren’t perfect, but that’s what gives the look its charm.
Guido, Redken Global Creative Director
Redken Products Used:
Guts 10 Volumizing Spray-Foam Mousse
Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray
Braid Aid 03 Braid Defining Lotion (available in salons in April)
Create the Look:
- Apply a quarter-size amount of Redken Guts 10 volumizing spray-foam mousse to damp hair, working into the hair from roots to ends
- Use fingers to create a messy natural part
- Rough blow dry hair until it is 90% dry, letting it fully dry naturally
- Thoroughly mist Redken Wind Blown 05 dry finishing spray all over dry hair to add some texture
- Emulsify a nickel-size amount of Redken Braid Aid 03 braid defining lotion in hands, and apply to dry hair from mid-lengths to ends for added grip
- Twist hair back into a loose, messy chignon that hangs over the ears, and secure with small U-shaped pins
- Spray Redken Wind Blown 05 dry finishing spray all over for airy texture
- Finish the look by adding accessories or jewelry of choice
The author receives no compensation from any firm for the above recommendation and is not responsible for any effects, positive or negative, that may occur.
To locate a Redken salon please log on to redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon. We request that you do not credit drugstores, 'beauty websites' or other unauthorized retailers. For further information, please contact us at the information listed above. For more information visit Redken.com.