The look at Oscar de la Renta this season is very elegant and classic – very uptown chic. Though the finished look is very done, there’s a sense of ease to it. There’s the lines that I created by raking my fingers through the hair to pull it back into the French twist, and the shine that I added with Redken’s Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist. I prepped the hair first with Redken’s Stay High 18 because you need some grip and hold to achieve the style. The key here is to secure the French twist at the back of the neck, making sure it’s flat and tight against the head, which creates a super beautiful profile.
Guido, Redken Global Creative Director
Redken Products Used;
- Stay High 18 High-Hold Gel to Mousse
- Forceful 23 Super Strength Hairspray
- Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist
Create the Look:
- Apply a quarter-size amount of Redken Stay High 18 high-hold gel to mousse to damp hair and blow dry.
- Gather hair and rake with fingers to create comb marks, and then pull up into a French twist. Be sure the base of the twist is tight and flat against the head.
- Secure the French twist by pinning with open fasteners.
- Finish with a thorough spray of Redken Forceful 23 super strength hairspray for hold and lightly mist Redken Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist all over for added shine.
The author receives no compensation from any firm for the above recommendation and is not responsible for any effects, positive or negative, that may occur.
To locate a Redken salon please log on to redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon. We request that you do not credit drugstores, 'beauty websites' or other unauthorized retailers. For further information, please contact us at the information listed above. For more information visit Redken.com.