Aside from taking Edie Campbell back to black exclusively for Hugo Boss’s Fall/Winter 2015 show, Redken Global Creative Director Guido created a natural, sophisticated look for the runway this season. Guido used Redken’s Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to achieve a smooth, luxurious blow out, and then pulled the hair back into a simple, modern low ponytail for an easy, effortless feeling.
The Hugo Boss idea of a woman is very sophisticated and modern, so I created this very natural, simple, low ponytail for this season’s show. I used Redken’s Satinwear 02 to get that very luxurious, smooth blow out, and then created a clean center part and tucked the hair behind the ears and pulling back into a sleek, low ponytail at the base of the head. I left the ends of the hair a little bit natural so it doesn’t look so polished or like you’re trying to hard – it feels very easy. And then there’s Edie [Cambell], who I took back to black exclusively for the show. We just did it two days ago, and it’s suits her quite nicely. It’s quite a bold look, and it’s not for everyone, but it just fits her personality.
Guido, Redken Global Creative Director
Redken Products Used:
- Frizz Dismiss Sulfate-Free Shampoo
- Frizz Dismiss Conditioner
- Satinwear 02 Prepping Blow-Dry Lotion
Create the Look:
- Start with clean hair by washing with Redken’s new Frizz Dismiss Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner
- Apply a quarter-size amount of Redken Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion throughout damp hair, using fingers to work into the hair from roots to tips
- Using a comb, create a clean center part
- Blow dry hair until smooth using a flat or round brush
- Pull hair back into a low ponytail, securing at the base of the head with an elastic and leaving the ends of the hair natural
Get Edie Cambell’s ‘Back to Black’ Haircolor:
Consult with your Redken Colorist and ask for:
- · 2 oz. 1NN (1.0) Chromatics Ultra Rich
- · 2 oz. 10 vol. Chromatics Oil in Cream Developer
- · 2 oz. 03N Espresso Shades EQ Gloss
- · 2 oz. Shades EQ Processing Solution
The author receives no compensation from any firm for the above recommendation and is not responsible for any effects, positive or negative, that may occur.
To locate a Redken salon please log on to redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon. For further information, please contact us at the information listed above. For more information visit Redken.com.