To enhance the romance of Alberta Ferretti’s Fall/Winter 2015 Collection, Redken Global Creative Director Guido created a simple, soft low ponytail for the runway. To achieve a silky smooth texture with natural movement, Guido blow dried the hair using Redken’s Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion, and then pulled it back into a loose ponytail for a romantic, pure feeling.
The Alberta Ferretti woman is always very romantic and beautiful. This simple look is just that – it’s very romantic and pure without being too theatrical or overworked. I blow dried the hair using Redken’s Satinwear 02 to get a soft, smooth finish that isn’t too product-y, and then I pulled the hair back into a loose, low ponytail so it’s very baggy. I didn’t leave any pieces of hair loose around the face so that I could create that nice droop in the front and over the ears. There’s some natural movement throughout the length of the ponytail, which adds to the softness and the romance of the collection.
Guido, Redken Global Creative Director
Redken Products Used:
- Frizz Dismiss Sulfate-Free Shampoo
- Frizz Dismiss Conditioner
- Satinwear 02 Prepping Blow-Dry Lotion
Create the Look
- Start with clean hair by washing with Redken’s new Frizz Dismiss Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner
- Use a comb to create a clean center part
- Apply a nickel-size amount of Redken Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to damp hair from roots to ends
- Blow dry hair smooth using a round brush to add volume to the crown
- pull hair back into a low, loose ponytail and secure with an elastic
- To hide the elastic, wrap a small section of hair from the ponytail the elastic and secure with a small U-shaped pin
The author receives no compensation from any firm for the above recommendation and is not responsible for any effects, positive or negative, that may occur.
To locate a Redken salon please log on to redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon.